1990 Ford Taurus Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 17, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 1990 Ford Taurus are $934 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $154 each year, collision costs $180, and liability costs $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $496 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $1,998 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $3,778 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $934
Rate estimates for 1990 Ford Taurus Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 1990 Ford Taurus models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $496 for just liability coverage to a high rate of $1,998 for a high risk driver.
These differences demonstrate why all drivers should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 1990 Ford Taurus Insurance
Searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates? Consumers have lots of choices when looking for the lowest priced Ford Taurus insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There are more efficient ways to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Ford and locate the lowest price from both online companies and local agents.
You should take the time to check auto insurance prices occasionally because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best rates for Taurus coverage six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance on the internet, so we’re going to give you some guaranteed methods to save money.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. This information will let you in on how car insurance quotes work and some money-saving tips. Drivers just need to know how to compare prices online.
Best discounts on 1990 Ford Taurus coverage
Car insurance companies don’t always list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Ford can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more for Taurus coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers can possibly qualify for better insurance rates for Taurus coverage.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply everywhere.
Ford Taurus rates influenced by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – The liability section of your policy is the protection if you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Careers like lawyers, architects and accountants tend to have higher rates than average in part from job stress and long work days. On the flip side, jobs such as pilots, athletes and performers receive lower rates for Taurus coverage.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men are in accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most insurance companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are a ton of add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and membership fees may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- When should I drop full coverage on my 1990 Ford Taurus?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance from companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all seem to have a common claim that you’ll save big if you switch your policy.
How can each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a preferred risk could be over the age of 50, is a homeowner, and has great credit. A customer who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who don’t meet these standards will be quoted higher rates which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s the way companies can truthfully claim big savings. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to get as many comparisons as possible. Because you never know which insurance coverage company will fit your personal profile best.
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Taurus caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like legal defense fees, emergency aid and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills like surgery, EMT expenses, pain medications and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed, fire damage, a broken windshield and damage from flooding. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your 1990 Ford Taurus.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
And the best car insurance company is…
People change insurance companies for many reasons like poor customer service, policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, switching car insurance companies is easier than you think.
Discount 1990 Ford Taurus insurance is available on the web as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,476|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,596|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$55|
|5-yr Claim Free||$57|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$32|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.