1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 5, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse are $902 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs around $132 a year, collision costs $170, and liability coverage costs around $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $496 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $1,940 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $3,708 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $902
Rate estimates for 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $496 for only liability insurance to a high of $1,940 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences illustrate why it is important for drivers to compare prices for a specific zip code and risk profile, rather than using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance
Searching for cheaper insurance rates? Consumers have a choice when looking for affordable Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance. They can either spend hours calling around getting price quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for your Mitsubishi and find the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates yearly since rates change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Eclipse insurance two years ago there may be better deals available now. So forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to learn how to use online quotes to find lower rates on insurance.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but a few must be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more on Eclipse insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will cut your overall premium however.
A partial list of companies that may have these benefits include:
Check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be offered everywhere.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area utilizes the fact most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is provide details like if the vehicle is leased, the ages of drivers, an estimate of your credit level, and deductibles desired. Those rating factors is instantly provided to all major companies and you should receive rate quotes almost instantly.
To compare rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available.
Mitsubishi Eclipse rate determination is complex
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine your auto insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
The following are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your rates.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Residing in less populated areas is a positive aspect when it comes to auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more miles you rack up on your Mitsubishi every year the higher your rate. Most companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. If your policy improperly rates your Eclipse can result in significantly higher rates.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both cause accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Teen drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Small claims can cost you – Insurance companies give better rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What coverages do I need?
When buying coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- If my 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Save $455 a year. For real?
Drivers get pounded daily by advertisements for car insurance savings by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads make an identical promise of big savings if you change to them.
How can each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For example, a profitable customer could be a mature driver, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile receives the best rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Consumers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will be charged higher premiums which leads to business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
That is why you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. It’s not possible to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance rates.
The coverage is in the details
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as attorney fees, funeral expenses, court costs, loss of income and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and hospital visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as fire damage, vandalism, a broken windshield and theft. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Be a Smart Shopper
We just presented many ways to shop for 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices or even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is easier than you think.
Budget-conscious insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance coverage companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,431|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,542|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$53|
|5-yr Claim Free||$56|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$31|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.