1991 Ford Taurus Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 17, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 1991 Ford Taurus are $934 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs on average $154, collision insurance costs $180, and liability insurance costs $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $496 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $1,998 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $3,778 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $934
Rate estimates for 1991 Ford Taurus Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 1991 Ford Taurus models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $496 for only liability insurance to the much higher price of $1,998 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences illustrate why everyone should compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, rather than relying on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 1991 Ford Taurus Insurance
Searching for cheap auto insurance over the internet may be challenging for beginners to comparison shopping online. With dozens of companies competing online, how can consumers have a chance to compare the different rates to find the best available price?
How to Compare Car Insurance
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can take hours if you don’t utilize the easiest way. You could spend the better part of a day talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you can utilize online quoting to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Most of the best insurance companies participate in a marketplace where prospective buyers complete one form, and each company can give them a price. This saves time by eliminating quote requests to each company.
To use this form to compare 1991 Ford Taurus insurance rates click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to using this type of form is you are unable to specify the companies to get quotes from. If you would rather choose from a list of companies to compare, we have a listing of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you’re using exactly the same coverages on every quote you get. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to find the best deal for your Ford Taurus. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. Just keep in mind that quoting more will enable you to find the best price.
Save on Ford Taurus insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Ford can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a discount up to 10% on Taurus insurance.
- Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when buying car insurance on Taurus insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Taurus insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
For a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Is my Ford Taurus covered if I use it for business?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Ford Taurus
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine your insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are many extra coverages that can waste your money on your Taurus policy. Things like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Where you live can impact rates – Residing in a small town can save you money when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- Save money with special equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you when you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- High deductibles save money – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, or theft. The more you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be on Taurus insurance.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Occupations like lawyers, social workers and dentists tend to have the highest average rates attributed to high stress and long work days. Other occupations like farmers, historians and retirees receive lower rates on Taurus insurance.
Insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a broken windshield, hitting a bird and rock chips in glass. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Ford Taurus.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, X-ray expenses and EMT expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like bail bonds, legal defense fees and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Be a penny pincher
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your 1991 Ford Taurus insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices and being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new car insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced full coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
More detailed car insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,476|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,596|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$55|
|5-yr Claim Free||$57|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$32|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.