1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper car insurance rates for your Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight? Insurance shopping is not a process car owners enjoy doing, but it has to be done to legally drive.
Some factors that can determine what Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight insurance costs
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that will entitle you to better insurance coverage rates.
- Your job and insurance rates – Occupations like real estate brokers, architects and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates due to high stress levels and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as pilots, students and retirees have the lowest average rates for Ninety-Eight insurance.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be less responsible behind the wheel therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- One company can mean more discounts – The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to people who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- How’s your driving record? – Just one ticket can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have severe citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Increase deductibles and save – The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before your insurance coverage pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, or theft. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive for Ninety-Eight insurance.
- Discounts for married couples – Being married actually saves money on insurance coverage. Having a significant other is viewed as being more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Compare Insurance Coverage Today
To find the best insurance coverage prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from local insurance coverage companies. The simplest method to compare 1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The fastest way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing repetitive form entry for every insurance coverage company. One form will return quotes from insurance coverage companies with the best prices. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A different way to get quotes online consists of visiting each company website and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Farmers, Esurance and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method to get comparison rates is to spend time driving to local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you want the professional guidance only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to get the lowest quotes online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll talk about that later.
Whichever way you use, make sure you use exactly the same coverages for every company. If your comparisons have different deductibles it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages may result in large price differences. Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies provides better odds of finding the best price.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Companies don’t list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more for Ninety-Eight insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
- Farm Bureau
- American Family
- State Farm
Check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What is the ISO rating for a 1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight?
- What happens if I owe more than my 1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight is worth?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses like prosthetic devices, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverages – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Ninety-Eight resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door, crashing into a building and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding and fire damage. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability – Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses, loss of income, legal defense fees and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Save for a rainy day
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund or delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheap 1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight insurance is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
You just learned some good ideas how you can save on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with the least-expected company.
Additional car insurance information can be read at the links below
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area