1992 Mazda B-Series Pickup Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 2, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper auto insurance rates for your Mazda B-Series Pickup? No one in their right mind likes having to buy auto insurance, especially when they are paying too much.
Having so many online and local companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to find the most cost effective insurer.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Sign Online – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums on B-Series pickup coverage.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance on B-Series pickup coverage.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may have these discounts include:
Check with every prospective company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your state.
Comprehensive Insurance Comparison
There are a lot of ways to compare insurance quotes, but some are more efficient than others. You could spend the better part of a day talking to insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to get the quickest rates.
The majority of car insurance companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and each participating company then gives them pricing based on that information. This eliminates the need for quotation requests to every company.
To participate in this free quote system, click to open in new window.
The only drawback to pricing coverage this way is that you can’t choose the providers you want to price. So if you prefer to choose specific providers for rate comparison, we have a listing of companies who write insurance in your area. Click here to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare the exact same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you get. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate for your Mazda B-Series Pickup. Slightly different insurance coverages could mean much higher rates. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate.
Mazda B-Series Pickup rate determination is complex
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit history is a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit rating is not that good, you could save money insuring your 1992 Mazda B-Series Pickup by repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men cause accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Careers like judges, social workers and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates attributed to stressful work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as actors, students and performers receive lower rates on B-Series pickup coverage.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Mazda from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be on B-Series pickup coverage.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more miles you rack up on your Mazda every year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that are left in the garage qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. If your policy improperly rates your B-Series Pickup can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your car insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Mazda B-Series Pickup.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills like pain medications, nursing services, X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses and funeral costs. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a building, colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
More choices the merrier
Budget-conscious 1992 Mazda B-Series Pickup insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best prices are with the least-expected company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area