1992 Volvo 940 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better insurance rates for your Volvo 940? Purchasing the cheapest insurance on the internet can be difficult for consumers not familiar with buying insurance on the web. With dozens of online companies, how can you have a chance to compare every one to find the cheapest available price?
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates periodically because rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the best price on 940 coverage a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to find out the only way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Finding cheaper insurance coverage coverage can be fairly easy. Basically, every vehicle owner who buys insurance coverage will more than likely be able to find better rates. Nevertheless, car owners can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Volvo 940
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your Volvo each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Autos left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Make sure your insurance coverage policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Incorrect usage on your 940 may be wasting your money.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know your insurance coverage rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as lawyers, business owners and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates due to stressful work requirements and long work days. Other occupations such as farmers, historians and homemakers pay the least on 940 coverage.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Your deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on 940 coverage.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Many insurance companies will award you with lower prices to customers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Frequent insurance coverage claims increase rates – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies award cheaper rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your insurance coverage policy. Marriage means you’re more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
Comparing car insurance rates can take time and effort if you aren’t aware of the best way to get rate quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking to local insurance agents in your area, or you could use online quotes to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Most of the larger companies belong to an insurance system that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and at least one company can give them a price based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating quote requests to every company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here to open in new window.
The only downside to getting quotes like this is you can’t choose which insurance companies to get quotes from. So if you want to select from a list of companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of car insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you’re using exactly the same quote information with each company. If you use differing limits it will be very difficult to find the best deal for your Volvo 940. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in large price differences. It’s important to know that having more price comparisons will enable you to find the best price.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the companies make an identical promise that you can save if you switch your policy. How does each company say the same thing?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a profitable customer could be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save when switching.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will be quoted more money which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads state “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims.
This emphasizes why you absolutely need to get quotes from several different companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before they will apply.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a small decrease in premiums on 940 coverage.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of providers with discount insurance coverage rates, follow this link.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Does my 1992 Volvo 940 qualify for pleasure use?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- How high should deductibles be on a 1992 Volvo 940?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Volvo 940.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as attorney fees, legal defense fees and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage covers damage to your 940 from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as rolling your car, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hail damage, a broken windshield, falling objects and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses such as surgery, funeral costs and prosthetic devices. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Power to the consumer
Cost effective 1992 Volvo 940 insurance can be sourced from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to shop for insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
Other learning opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area