1993 Acura NSX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 1993 Acura NSX are $1,252 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $268, collision costs $384, and liability costs around $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $496 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,688. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $4,750 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,252
Rate estimates for 1993 Acura NSX Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 1993 Acura NSX models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $496 for only liability insurance to the much higher price of $2,688 for a high risk driver.
These differences demonstrate why everyone should compare prices based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 1993 Acura NSX Insurance
Searching for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Acura NSX? Nobody I know likes paying for insurance coverage, especially knowing the price is too high.
You have multiple insurers to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons occasionally since insurance rates trend upward over time. If you had the lowest price for NSX coverage six months ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn the best methods to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Although vehicle owners should learn how companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison
There are a variety of methods you can shop for 1993 Acura NSX auto insurance but some are less time-consuming than others. You could spend your day driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use the internet to get prices fast.
Many popular insurance companies participate in an industry program that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and at least one company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating quote requests to each company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here to open in new window.
The only downside to using this type of system is you cannot specify the companies you want to price. So if you prefer to pick specific insurance companies to compare rates, we have assembled a list of companies who write auto insurance in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to compare identical information on every quote. If your comparisons have different values for each quote it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best. Slightly different insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
Acura NSX insurance rates can be determined by these details
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that may reward you with lower insurance coverage prices.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” insurance coverage companies consider when setting rates.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles every year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your NSX may be costing you. Double check that your insurance coverage coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage.
- Special features that cut premiums – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance coverage policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Acura NSX has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher rates. Car insurance companies provide cheaper rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – A driver’s credit rating is a huge factor in your rate calculation. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 1993 Acura NSX by improving your credit score.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance coverage rates.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Companies don’t list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the more common and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off for NSX coverage with certain companies.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Insurance companies who might offer these discounts are:
Check with each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not apply everywhere.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Does my 1993 Acura NSX need full coverage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Car insurance policy coverages for a 1993 Acura NSX
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for things like nursing services, X-ray expenses and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your NSX caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for liability – Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability can pay for things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, legal defense fees, medical expenses and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Be a penny pincher
You just learned some good ideas how you can lower your 1993 Acura NSX insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Cheaper insurance can be bought both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,983|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,139|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$84|
|5-yr Claim Free||$79|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$52|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.