1993 Audi S4 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 1993 Audi S4 are $902 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $166, collision insurance costs $224, and liability costs $376. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $426 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $1,932 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $3,542 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $902
Rate estimates for 1993 Audi S4 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 1993 Audi S4 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $426 for the bare minimum liability coverage to the much higher price of $1,932 for a high risk driver.
These differences highlight why everyone should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 1993 Audi S4 Insurance
Want cheaper car insurance rates for your Audi S4? I can’t think of a single person who cherishes buying car insurance, in particular when the cost is too high. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Comprehensive Insurance Coverage Comparison Quotes
There are a variety of methods you can shop for 1993 Audi S4 insurance coverage but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can spend countless hours discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to quickly compare rates.
Most of the best insurance companies enroll in a system that enables customers to complete one form, and each participating company then returns a price quote. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for each company.
To submit your quote information now, click here to open in new window.
The one downside to doing it this way is that you can’t choose the companies you want pricing from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to receive pricing from, we have a listing of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here to view list.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverages for every company. If your comparisons have different values for each quote you will not be able to make a fair comparison for your Audi S4.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies say the same thing that you’ll save big if you switch your policy.
How do they all make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer they prefer to insure. A good example of a profitable customer could be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no driving citations, and has excellent credit. A driver who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Consumers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher rates and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance coverage company will give you the biggest savings on Audi S4 insurance.
Factors that can influence Audi S4 insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate prices.
- No coverage gaps is important – Allowing your insurance coverage policy to lapse will be a quick way to pay more for insurance coverage. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage might get you a license revocation or jail time.You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Older insureds are more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are known to be less responsible when behind the wheel therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The more you have to pay, the less your insurance coverage will be on S4 coverage.
- Pay less if you’re married – Getting married can get you a discount on your insurance coverage policy. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- How credit affects insurance coverage rates – Credit rating is a large factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower ratings. If your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 1993 Audi S4 by improving your rating.
- Men pay higher rates – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Men and women have accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Discounts on Audi S4 insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but some must be inquired about before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance on S4 coverage.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Drivers Education – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for things like dental work, funeral costs, EMT expenses, doctor visits and surgery. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like vandalism, falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and a broken windshield. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage pays for damage to your S4 caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like rolling your car, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things like funeral expenses, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Audi S4.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
At the end of the day…
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
You just read a lot of information how to lower your 1993 Audi S4 insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the best prices are with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,422|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,542|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$57|
|5-yr Claim Free||$56|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$34|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.