1993 Cadillac Seville Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced Cadillac Seville insurance can dwindle your checking account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill. Many insurers compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies and get the best coverage at the lowest rate
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
Getting better 1993 Cadillac Seville car insurance pricing is not rocket science. Drivers just need to invest a few minutes comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
The most efficient way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do boring form submissions to each individual car insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form will get you price quotes from car insurance companies with the best prices.
A more difficult way to compare rate quotes is to take the time to go to each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For instance, let’s say you want to compare Nationwide, Esurance and Allstate. To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
The least recommended method of comparing rate quotes is to spend your day driving to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the professional advice of a licensed agent. However, consumers can price shop online but still have the advice of a local agent.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples coverages and limits on every quote. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one you can’t possibly determine the best price for your Cadillac Seville.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but a few must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% for Seville coverage with select insurance companies.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will reduce your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that may have these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply in every state.
When might I need an agent?
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is my 1993 Cadillac Seville covered for flood damage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Cadillac Seville premiums are determined by many factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
The following are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine premiums.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies provide cheaper rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Older drivers pay less – Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- How credit affects insurance rates – A driver’s credit rating is a huge factor in your rate calculation. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower ratings. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 1993 Cadillac Seville by repairing your credit.
- Never go without insurance – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to increase your insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- High deductibles save money – The deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and burglary. The more money you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive for Seville coverage.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to say the same thing about savings if you switch to their company.
How can each company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that earns them a profit. An example of a preferred risk might be profiled as between 30 and 50, owns a home, and has excellent credit. Any driver who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who do not match these standards must pay higher prices and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
This illustrates why drivers must get as many comparisons as possible. It’s not possible to predict which company will have the lowest Cadillac Seville insurance rates.
Insurance coverage options for a 1993 Cadillac Seville
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from insurance companies.
This will pay to fix damage to your Seville from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like prosthetic devices, ambulance fees, EMT expenses, chiropractic care and surgery. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
This protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things like loss of income, structural damage and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield, theft and hail damage. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Cadillac Seville.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Save your cold hard cash
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can save on 1993 Cadillac Seville insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Cheaper insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area