1993 Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 2, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 1993 Dodge Grand Caravan are $852 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $126 a year, collision insurance costs $126, and liability costs $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $496 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $1,822 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $3,526 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $852
Rate estimates for 1993 Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 1993 Dodge Grand Caravan models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $496 for basic liability insurance to a high of $1,822 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences demonstrate why it is important for drivers to compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 1993 Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Want cheaper insurance rates for your Dodge Grand Caravan? Nobody looks forward to paying for insurance, in particular when the cost is way too high. Insurance companies such as GEICO, Progressive and Allstate all claim big savings with ad campaigns and it is difficult to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest rates for Grand Caravan coverage a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about insurance on the internet, so I’m going to show you some tested techniques to find affordable insurance.
Why your Dodge Grand Caravan might be costing you more
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into premiums.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. If your policy improperly rates your Grand Caravan can cost quite a bit. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If the Dodge Grand Caravan is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- How’s your driving record? – Even one moving violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. If you have dangerous violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy will protect you if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Occupations like lawyers, executives and dentists have the highest average rates in part from high stress levels and long work days. Other professions such as pilots, historians and retirees get better rates for Grand Caravan coverage.
- Being married is a good thing – Being married actually saves money on your policy. It translates into being more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Dodge from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Grand Caravan coverage.
Save with discounts on 1993 Dodge Grand Caravan insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, buy you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Drivers Education – Have your child take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared with bad drivers.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance coverage policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my 1993 Dodge Grand Caravan covered for smoke damage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Coverages available on your policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Dodge Grand Caravan.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Usually the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability coverages – This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things such as pain and suffering, attorney fees, emergency aid and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane and fire damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for things like X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses and surgery. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision – This pays for damage to your Grand Caravan from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Buy online or local, you save
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your 1993 Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found by following these links:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,350|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,458|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$47|
|5-yr Claim Free||$52|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$27|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.