1993 Mazda B-Series Pickup Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 2, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance rates for your Mazda B-Series Pickup? Saving money on insurance is always hard for consumers new to comparison shopping online. You have so many companies to choose from that it can be a real challenge to locate the lowest price.
Buying car insurance is not rocket science. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. But consumers do need to understand how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Pieces of the Mazda B-Series Pickup insurance rate puzzle
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what determines base rates enables informed choices that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Where you live – Residing in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when buying auto insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Marriage pays dividends – Getting married can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other translates into being more responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Save money with special equipment – Driving a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Adjust deductibles and save – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance for B-Series pickup insurance.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Mazda B-Series Pickup earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 1993 Mazda B-Series Pickup by improving your credit score.
Don’t miss these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every discount very well, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates, click here to view.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Don’t listen to company ads
Car insurance providers like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive regularly use ads in print and on television. They all make an identical promise that you can save if you move your coverage to them. How do they all claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that makes them money. An example of a driver they prefer could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and has great credit. A propective insured who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who fall outside the “perfect” profile must pay a more expensive rate and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings. This illustrates why it is so important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Mazda B-Series Pickup insurance rates.
When might I need help?
When choosing the best insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Auto insurance coverages explained
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, nursing services, surgery and X-ray expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage covers damage to your B-Series Pickup resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like rolling your car, hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical services, emergency aid, structural damage and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like vandalism, damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a bird. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
More comparisons equals lower rates
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
We’ve covered many ideas to get a better price on 1993 Mazda B-Series Pickup insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with a smaller regional carrier.
Cheaper insurance is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
More detailed insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area