1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 19, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 1995 Dodge Ram 2500 are $1,022 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $154 a year, collision costs $188, and liability costs around $500. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $560 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $2,188 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,182 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,022
Rate estimates for 1995 Dodge Ram 2500 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 1995 Dodge Ram 2500 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $560 for just liability coverage to a high of $2,188 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why it is important for drivers to compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 1995 Dodge Ram 2500 Insurance
Shopping for car insurance is not a chore car owners appreciate, but unfortunately it’s required to legally drive.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage occasionally because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest rates for Ram pickup coverage a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the quickest ways to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies don’t list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden insurance coverage savings.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for Ram pickup coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% for Ram pickup coverage with certain companies.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of companies offering insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 rate determination is complex
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine auto insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
- Car features impact rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Many insurance companies will award you with lower prices to people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. You may still find a better deal by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. An improperly rated Ram Pickup 2500 may be wasting your money. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Everyone needs different coverages
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- If my 1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What is the ISO rating for a 1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your Ram Pickup 2500 resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills like doctor visits, pain medications, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses and nursing services. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, funeral expenses and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
More quotes mean more savings
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on 1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 insurance. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cheap insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,614|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,746|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$59|
|5-yr Claim Free||$63|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$35|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.