1995 Mazda MX-3 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 8, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me, there are a lot of people just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy. Because you have many options when it comes to car insurance, it can be diffult for consumers to choose the most affordable car insurance company.
Finding the lowest cost insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper methods to get comparison quotes online.
These factors can influence Mazda MX-3 insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a spouse actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a ton of extra coverages that you can buy on your 1995 MX-3 policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, towing coverage and membership fees are some examples. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- How many coverages with the same company – Some insurance coverage companies will award you with lower prices to customers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Too many insurance coverage claims drive up costs – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies award lower rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more on MX-3 insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings when shopping for insurance on MX-3 insurance.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10% on MX-3 insurance.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount on MX-3 insurance depending on your company.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
- 21st Century
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply everywhere.
Everyone needs different coverages
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical services, court costs, medical expenses and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like dental work, pain medications, nursing services, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your MX-3 from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, theft, a broken windshield and hitting a deer. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 1995 Mazda MX-3.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Shop smart and save
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on 1995 Mazda MX-3 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Cheaper insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area