1995 Oldsmobile Ciera Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 10, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance rates for your Oldsmobile Ciera? No one in their right mind likes having to buy insurance, in particular when the cost is too high. Popular companies such as Allstate, Progressive and GEICO continually hit you with catchy ads and it is difficult to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
It’s a great practice to check insurance prices every six months since rates change frequently. Just because you found the best deal on Ciera insurance six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. Consumers just need to understand the best way to shop for insurance coverage online.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Companies don’t always list every discount very well, so we took the time to find both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on insurance. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Distant Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurance companies with the best insurance discounts, follow this link.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Quotes
Getting better 1995 Oldsmobile Ciera auto insurance pricing doesn’t have to be difficult. Just take time comparing price quotes online with multiple companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
The fastest way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Completing one form gets rate comparisons instantly.
A harder way to get comparison quotes requires visiting each company’s website to request a price quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you want to compare rates from State Farm, Safeco and GEICO. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
The least efficient way to compare rates is driving to and from local insurance agencies. The internet makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the trained guidance only provided by licensed agents. Drivers can obtain prices from the web but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll touch on that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just be sure to compare the exact same coverages and limits with every price quote. If you have different values for each quote it’s not possible to determine the best price for your Oldsmobile Ciera.
Parts of the Oldsmobile Ciera rate equation
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- One company can mean more discounts – Many companies provide better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Sex matters – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men have accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Pay less after the wedding – Getting married can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage means you’re more mature and responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Special features that cut premiums – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations such as judges, social workers and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates due to high stress levels and long work days. On the other hand, jobs such as actors, students and performers receive lower rates on Ciera insurance.
- High deductibles save money – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on Ciera insurance.
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do insurance coverage companies bend the truth?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads make the same claim about savings if you change to them.
How does each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies can use profiling for the right customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a preferred risk might be profiled as between 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has a high credit rating. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for the requirements will have to pay a higher premium which usually ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. This is how companies can state the savings. Because of the profiling, you should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverages offered by insurance companies.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for EMT expenses, pain medications and ambulance fees. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism and hail damage. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This can cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like medical services, loss of income and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
One last thing about your coverage
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to reduce 1995 Oldsmobile Ciera insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Lower-priced insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available in the articles below:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area