1996 Oldsmobile Ciera Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 10, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better auto insurance rates for your Oldsmobile Ciera? Overpriced Oldsmobile Ciera insurance can dwindle your checking account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparison shopping is free and is an excellent way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Multiple car insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and get the definite best price available.
You need to price shop coverage periodically because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates for Ciera insurance two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the tricks you need to know to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Oldsmobile Ciera rates influenced by many factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Many insurance companies provide better rates to customers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance coverage from a different company.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Oldsmobile from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive for Ciera insurance.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies provide cheaper rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- The more you drive the more you pay – Driving more miles each year the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Ciera can cost quite a bit. Double check that your insurance coverage coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
Save big with these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as compared to bad drivers.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may trigger a auto insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates, click this link.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Oldsmobile Ciera.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses such as pain medications, funeral costs, prosthetic devices and surgery. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like falling objects, fire damage, vandalism and hitting a deer. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability car insurance
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical services, attorney fees and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Online plus local equals savings
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective 1996 Oldsmobile Ciera insurance is possible both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area