1996 Pontiac Trans Sport Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 20, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better auto insurance rates for your Pontiac Trans Sport? Having to pay for overpriced Pontiac Trans Sport insurance can overdraw your bank account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing price quotes is free and is an excellent way to make sure you’re not throwing money away. Because you have many insurance companies to choose from, it’s difficult to find the best company.
The purpose of this post is to tell you the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using these tips. Drivers just need to know the proper methods to find the lowest price over the internet.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Costs
Getting a cheaper price on 1996 Pontiac Trans Sport insurance can be relatively painless. All you need to do is take a couple of minutes to compare quotes online with multiple companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The first (and easiest) way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form gets rate comparisons from several companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to find lower rates is to manually visit the website for every company you want to comare to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to compare Progressive, State Farm and GEICO. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The hardest method of comparing rate quotes is to spend time driving to and from local insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance coverage online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the trained guidance of a licensed agent. You can, however, obtain prices from the web and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make sure you use identical coverage information for every quote you compare. If the quotes have mixed coverages it’s impossible to determine which rate is truly the best.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Trans Sport insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of insurers with discount insurance rates, click this link.
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by auto insurance companies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Trans Sport caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a deer, damage from flooding, hail damage and theft. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Liability coverages – Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like loss of income, bail bonds, attorney fees, emergency aid and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills such as pain medications, chiropractic care, hospital visits, surgery and EMT expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Spend less. Save more.
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-conscious 1996 Pontiac Trans Sport insurance can be bought on the web and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Much more information about auto insurance can be found below:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area