1998 Mercury Villager Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Mercury Villager? Price shopping your insurance coverage can seem to be hard for people who are new to shopping for insurance online. There are so many options that it can turn into a big hassle to find lower rates.
You should take the time to check insurance coverage prices on a regular basis because rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best rates for Villager coverage a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. Don’t believe everything you read about insurance coverage online but with this article, you’re going to get a lot of great tips on how to save money.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to save some money using these methods. This article will help you learn the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. But consumers must learn how companies sell insurance online.
Take advantage of discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for Villager coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% for Villager coverage.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of companies offering car insurance discounts, click here to view.
Compare the Market for Insurance Coverage
The are a couple different ways of comparing rates from different insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find the cheapest 1998 Mercury Villager insurance rates consists of shopping online. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
The single most time-saving way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form prevents you from having to do boring form submissions for every insurance coverage company. Taking the time to complete one form gets you price quotes direct from many companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
A different way to compare rate quotes requires you to visit the website of each company and complete a new quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from USAA, State Farm and Liberty Mutual. You would have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples coverage limits for every company. If you compare different deductibles it’s not possible to make an equal comparison. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. Just remember that quoting more will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Factors that might impact rates for a Mercury Villager
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
Listed below are some of the items that factor into rates.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Occupations like judges, business owners and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates in part from job stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations like farmers, engineers and the unemployed pay the least for Villager coverage.
- Older drivers pay less – Teen drivers have a tendency to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Being married can save on insurance – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on insurance. Marriage usually means you are more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
How to know if you need help
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What happens if I owe more than my 1998 Mercury Villager is worth?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 1998 Mercury Villager?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills like dental work, hospital visits and prosthetic devices. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Villager from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like rock chips in glass, hitting a bird and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
One last thing about your coverage
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Affordable 1998 Mercury Villager insurance can be sourced on the web in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to shop for insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with a small mutual company.
Additional information can be read below:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area