1999 GMC Envoy Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 20, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance coverage rates for your GMC Envoy? Trying to find better insurance prices for a GMC Envoy can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our insurance coverage buying tips to make it easier. There is a better way to shop for insurance coverage and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for your GMC and obtain the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers need to check insurance coverage prices on a regular basis since insurance rates change regularly. Just because you found the best price on Envoy insurance two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Don’t believe everything you read about insurance coverage online, so with this article, you’re going to get the easiest ways to stop overpaying for insurance.
Discounts on 1999 GMC Envoy insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less on Envoy insurance than less cautious drivers.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your GMC can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy on Envoy insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Car insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply in your area.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies make an identical promise about savings if you change your coverage to them.
How do they all make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that makes them money. A good example of a preferred risk could possibly be between 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t measure up to the requirements will have to pay a higher premium and this can result in business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. Because of the profiling, it is so important to compare as many rates as you can. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance coverage company will have the lowest GMC Envoy insurance rates.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- How high should deductibles be on a 1999 GMC Envoy?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Who is covered when they drive my 1999 GMC Envoy?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your GMC Envoy.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, damage from flooding and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays for damage to your Envoy resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability can pay for claims like legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses for X-ray expenses, nursing services and EMT expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Quote often and quote early
We just showed you many ways to save on 1999 GMC Envoy insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the best price on insurance coverage is with a small mutual company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers and even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional insurance coverage information is available on the following sites:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area