1999 Isuzu Amigo Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 19, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Locating better insurance prices for an Isuzu Amigo can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Isuzu and get the lowest possible price.
It’s a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year due to the fact that insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best rates on Amigo insurance on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate today. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to show you how to quote online to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Be sure to get all your discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums on Amigo insurance.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will cut your overall premium however.
For a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Why your Isuzu Amigo insurance rates may be high
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. Understanding what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
- Mature drivers pay less – Teenage drivers are known to be more careless when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Your insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Careers like real estate brokers, social workers and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates in part from high stress and long work days. Conversely, jobs such as actors, engineers and the unemployed have the lowest average rates on Amigo insurance.
- Being married is a good thing – Getting married can actually save you money on your policy. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- A clean driving record saves money – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one speeding ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have severe citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes are in accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- Always keep insurance in force – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a quick way to bump up your insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- How high should deductibles be on a 1999 Isuzu Amigo?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Misconceptions in car insurance advertisements
Consumers can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings by companies like Allstate and Progressive. All the companies make the same claim of big savings if you move to them.
How does each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that makes them money. A good example of a preferred risk might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, owns a home, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters receives the best rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will be charged a more expensive rate and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
That is why drivers must get as many comparisons as possible. It’s not possible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Isuzu Amigo insurance.
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive car insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from flooding, falling objects, damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Isuzu Amigo.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as emergency aid, structural damage and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Collision – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills such as doctor visits, nursing services, pain medications, EMT expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Quote more, save more
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions or policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability coverage limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest 1999 Isuzu Amigo insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area