2000 Chrysler LHS Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 31, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better car insurance rates for your Chrysler LHS? Shopping for the cheapest car insurance on the web may be difficult for consumers not familiar with buying insurance on the web. Since there are so many online companies available, how can consumers effectively compare every company to locate the lowest rates?
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison
There are a variety of methods to shop for 2000 Chrysler LHS auto insurance, but some are more efficient than others. You can waste hours talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you could save time and use the internet to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
All the larger companies participate in a marketplace where insurance shoppers send in one quote, and at least one company returns a rated price for coverage. This eliminates the need for quotation requests to each company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here to start a free quote.
The only downside to comparing rates this way is you don’t know exactly which insurance companies to receive prices from. If you prefer to choose from a list of companies for rate comparison, we have assembled a list of companies who write auto insurance in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but be sure to compare apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits for every company. If each company quotes different values for each quote then you won’t be able to truly determine the lowest rate. Slightly different insurance coverages may result in large price differences. Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
Take discounts and save
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance for LHS coverage.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10% for LHS coverage.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies that may offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Savings may not be available in every state.
Why your Chrysler LHS might be costing you more
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining your insurance coverage rates. Understanding what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the items that factor into your rates.
- Special features that cut premiums – Driving a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most insurance companies will give a discount to policyholders who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Being married can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage is viewed as being more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Jobs such as doctors, business owners and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates due to job stress and long work hours. Other occupations like farmers, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates for LHS coverage.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability coverage will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Always keep insurance in force – Driving with no insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Slick advertising tricks that work
GEICO, State Farm and Progressive consistently run television and radio advertisements. All the companies make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you change your coverage to them. How does each company make the same claim?
Different companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a desirable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. A driver who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will be charged more money and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings. That is why it’s extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. You cannot predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on Chrysler LHS insurance.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your LHS caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like driving through your garage door, rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for dental work, ambulance fees, pain medications and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, vandalism, falling objects and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like loss of income, bail bonds, pain and suffering and court costs. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Feed the piggy bank
Discount 2000 Chrysler LHS insurance is possible on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance coverage companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just read a lot of tips how to compare insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best prices are with the smaller companies.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices or policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area