2000 Chrysler Sebring Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2000 Chrysler Sebring are $902 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs around $132 a year, collision costs $170, and liability costs $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $496 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $1,940 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $3,708 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $902
Rate estimates for 2000 Chrysler Sebring Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2000 Chrysler Sebring models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $496 for just liability insurance to a high of $1,940 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why it is important for drivers to compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2000 Chrysler Sebring Insurance
If you’ve never shopped for car insurance online, you can be overwhelmed by the vast number of companies offering coverage.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the lowest price on Sebring coverage last year other companies may now be cheaper. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to learn the tricks you need to know to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Auto insurance companies do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the more common as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount on Sebring coverage with a few car insurance companies.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts, follow this link.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Costs
Most major insurance companies quote pricing online. The process is quite simple as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. Upon sending the form, the system will order information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on these factors.
Being able to quote online streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit each company’s website and repetitively enter the same data into a form is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s very important to perform this step if you want to find the lowest price.
Quote rates the easy way
A quicker way to get multiple rate quotes requires only one form to return rates from multiple companies. It saves time, requires less work, and makes online price comparison much easier. Immediately after submitting the form, your coverage is rated and you can choose any of the returned quotes. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The entire process only takes a few minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
In order to compare rates now, click here to open in a new tab and fill out the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have rate quotes based on identical coverages.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Chrysler Sebring
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- An active claims history can cost you – Car insurance companies award lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Your age impacts your rates – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be more careless behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a teenage driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Having a bad credit score is a huge factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit score is low, you could be paying less to insure your 2000 Chrysler Sebring by improving your rating.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy is the protection when you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Chrysler Sebring scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance agents can help
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Auto insurance providers like Allstate and Progressive consistently run television and radio advertisements. They all make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you change your coverage to them. But how can every company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies can use profiling for the driver that is profitable for them. For example, a desirable insured might be over the age of 50, owns a home, and chooses high deductibles. Any driver who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to this ideal profile must pay more money and this can result in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s why insurance companies can state the savings. This illustrates why you should get as many comparisons as possible. It’s impossible to know which company will provide you with the cheapest Chrysler Sebring insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers things like emergency aid, structural damage and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Chrysler Sebring.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, fire damage and hitting a bird. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for chiropractic care, dental work, surgery and EMT expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Quote more. Save more.
The cheapest 2000 Chrysler Sebring insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can save on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, high prices and not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,431|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,542|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$53|
|5-yr Claim Free||$56|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$31|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.