2000 Honda Prelude Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 24, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced insurance coverage policy? Trust us when we tell you many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. Vehicle owners just need to understand the proper way to get comparison rates online.
Lesser-known factors impacting Honda Prelude insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what determines base rates enables informed choices that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- Drive less and save money – The more miles you rack up on your Honda in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your Prelude may be wasting your money. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as lawyers, business owners and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates because of high stress and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs such as pilots, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates on Prelude insurance.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Your credit rating is a important factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 2000 Honda Prelude by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Some insurers will award you with lower prices to insureds who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
How much can you save with discounts?
Companies do not list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Honda could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application online.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of companies with the best auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2000 Honda Prelude?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like falling objects, theft, a broken windshield and vandalism. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2000 Honda Prelude.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, nursing services, X-ray expenses and surgery. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees, emergency aid, pain and suffering and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
One last thing about your coverage
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper 2000 Honda Prelude insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area