2000 Suzuki Vitara Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 15, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced insurance policy? Trust us, there are many people just like you.
You have multiple insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, having more insurance companies makes it harder to adequately compare rates.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could trigger savings when shopping for insurance on Vitara coverage.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Vitara coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies that may have these discounts are:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state.
What coverages do I need?
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Car insurance policy coverages for a Suzuki Vitara
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees, structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Vitara caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb, backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses like prosthetic devices, ambulance fees, X-ray expenses, doctor visits and chiropractic care. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and theft. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Save your cold hard cash
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price.
Lower-priced 2000 Suzuki Vitara insurance is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
You just read many ways to reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Much more information about insurance is located on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area