2001 Ford Econoline Wagon Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower insurance coverage rates? Shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost Ford Econoline Wagon insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance coverage and we’ll show you the best way to compare rates on a Ford and locate the cheapest rates.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. The purpose of this post is to help educate you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. Drivers just need to know the most efficient way to compare price quotes over the internet.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
All the larger auto insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO provide prices on the web. Getting online rates doesn’t take much effort as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system obtains credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information.
Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, but the process of having to visit different websites and type in the same information can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the best price on auto insurance.
The smarter way to compare rates utilizes a single form that gets prices from several different companies. It saves time, reduces the work, and makes rate comparisons much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after you send the form, it is quoted and you are able to buy any of the resulting price quotes. If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, simply click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you will have comparison quotes for similar coverage.
Beware of misleading car insurance ads
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all make the same claim of big savings if you move to their company.
How can each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that makes them money. An example of a profitable customer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and has great credit. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will be charged higher premiums which leads to business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. That is why drivers should compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Ford Econoline Wagon insurance rates are influenced by…
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
The list below includes some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Equipment add-ons that lower auto insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Increase deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Ford. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive on Econoline Wagon coverage.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Some insurers give discounts to people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Where you live can impact rates – Choosing to live in a small town has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Lower population means reduced accidents. Drivers in populated areas regularly have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times means more change of being in an accident.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount very well, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the lesser-known insurance coverage savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for reduced rates on Econoline Wagon coverage.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Econoline Wagon coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your policy on Econoline Wagon coverage.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying adequate coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Specific coverages for a 2001 Ford Econoline Wagon
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Econoline Wagon resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as bail bonds, attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, theft, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses like doctor visits, X-ray expenses, chiropractic care, funeral costs and prosthetic devices. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Smart consumers save more
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation, denial of a claim and even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance coverage company is easier than you think.
You just learned many ideas to shop for 2001 Ford Econoline Wagon insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
The cheapest insurance is definitely available online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area