2001 Kia Optima Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2001 Kia Optima are $964 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $132 each year, collision costs $152, and liability costs $500. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $560 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,064. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $4,006 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $964
Rate estimates for 2001 Kia Optima Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2001 Kia Optima models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $560 for only liability insurance to a high rate of $2,064 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences show why all drivers should compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2001 Kia Optima Insurance
Expensive insurance coverage can drain your personal savings, especially in this economy. Shopping your coverage around is free and is an excellent way to slash your bill and have more diposable income. Companies like State Farm and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads and it can be hard to ignore the propoganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers should take time to price shop coverage on a regular basis because prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best deal on Optima coverage a couple years back a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to buy cheaper insurance coverage.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the proper methods to shop their coverage around online.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But any discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
- Farm Bureau
- State Farm
Check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your area.
Kia Optima insurance rates have many determining factors
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” insurance coverage companies consider when setting your rates.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability coverage is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Never go without insurance – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Your location affects your rates – Being located in a rural area is a positive aspect when buying insurance coverage. Fewer people means reduced accidents. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Kia. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance coverage will be on Optima coverage.
- Older drivers pay less – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Young drivers are known to be less responsible in a vehicle therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Your credit rating is important – Your credit score is a huge factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit history is low, you could be paying less to insure your 2001 Kia Optima by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Kia Optima earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2001 Kia Optima?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2001 Kia Optima?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance policy coverages for a Kia Optima
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Liability car insurance – This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as emergency aid, bail bonds, structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Optima caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses such as doctor visits, dental work, nursing services and EMT expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as fire damage, damage from getting keyed and hail damage. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Kia Optima.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
A penny earned…
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare 2001 Kia Optima insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional insurance coverage information can be found on the following sites:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,524|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,647|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$54|
|5-yr Claim Free||$59|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$31|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.