2002 Audi S6 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2002 Audi S6 are $1,096 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $208, collision insurance costs $284, and liability costs around $446. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $500 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,350. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,284 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,096
Rate estimates for 2002 Audi S6 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2002 Audi S6 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $500 for a discount liability-only rate to the much higher price of $2,350 for high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why everyone should compare prices using their specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2002 Audi S6 Insurance
Looking for lower insurance coverage rates for your Audi S6? Feel like you’re a prisoner to overpriced insurance coverage? Believe me when I say many consumers feel financially strained by their insurance coverage policy. Numerous insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and get the definite lowest price
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews since insurance rates change regularly. Even if you got the best rates on S6 coverage two years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out the things you must know in order to find better coverage at a better price.
Pieces of the Audi S6 insurance rate puzzle
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most companies will give a discount to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Adjust deductibles and save – The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. The more expense you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on S6 coverage.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Audi scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Companies do not advertise every available discount very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more on S6 coverage than drivers with accidents.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Car insurance companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your area.
Insurance agents can help
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills such as funeral costs, X-ray expenses and nursing services. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays for damage to your S6 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Audi S6.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical expenses, structural damage and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a broken windshield. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Smart shoppers get results
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare 2002 Audi S6 insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Discount insurance is available both online and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Additional information is available below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,731|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,872|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$70|
|5-yr Claim Free||$69|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$42|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.