2002 Ford Econoline Wagon Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance. Multiple insurers compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company to get the best rate
Discounts on 2002 Ford Econoline Wagon insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums on Econoline Wagon coverage.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
Companies who might offer these benefits are:
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in your area.
Why your Ford Econoline Wagon insurance rates may be high
It’s important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into prices.
- Save money with special equipment – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Where you live – Choosing to live in a small town is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Lower population translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – A driver’s credit rating is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2002 Ford Econoline Wagon by repairing your credit.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Ford scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your Ford every year the higher your rate. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your auto insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven. If your policy improperly rates your Econoline Wagon may be costing you.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
How can 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm save drivers who switch?
Consumers can’t get away from ads for cheaper car insurance by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads make the same claim that you’ll save big if you move to them.
How does each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies can use profiling for the type of customer that makes them money. An example of a profitable customer could be between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and has great credit. Any new insured who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who are not a match for these standards will be quoted a more expensive rate and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. This is how companies can advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Auto insurance policy specifics
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed, theft and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims like pain and suffering, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as nursing services, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses and dental work. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Econoline Wagon caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as rolling your car, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Ford Econoline Wagon.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Cheap 2002 Ford Econoline Wagon insurance can be sourced both online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Much more information about insurance coverage can be found at the links below
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area