2002 Mercedes-Benz G-Class Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 2, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper car insurance rates for your Mercedes-Benz G-Class? Nobody I know likes having to buy car insurance, particularly when the cost is too high.
There is such a variety of insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to locate the cheapest rates.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes yearly since insurance rates change regularly. Even if you got the best deal on G-Class coverage a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to find out one of the easiest ways to buy cheaper car insurance.
The purpose of this article is to help educate you on how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. But consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
Discounts mean cheaper Mercedes-Benz G-Class insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who live away from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy on G-Class coverage.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered in every state.
Which Insurance Coverage is Cheapest?
The are a couple different ways to get quotes from insurance coverage companies in your area. The fastest way to compare 2002 Mercedes-Benz G-Class insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The recommended way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing separate quote forms for each company. Completing one form will get you rate comparisons direct from many companies.
- A more difficult way to get quotes online requires you to visit each individual company website to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Progressive, State Farm and Travelers. You would have to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
Whichever way you use, ensure you are comparing exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles with each company. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly make a fair comparison for your Mercedes-Benz G-Class. Just a small difference in coverages could mean much higher rates. And when price shopping your coverage, quoting more provides better odds of finding lower pricing.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Is my 2002 Mercedes-Benz G-Class covered for flood damage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses, doctor visits and nursing services. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your G-Class resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Mercedes-Benz G-Class.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Buy online or local, you save
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to save on 2002 Mercedes-Benz G-Class insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
The cheapest insurance can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area