2004 Nissan Quest Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 5, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced Nissan Quest insurance can empty your checking account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing price quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies and get the definite lowest price
Low Cost Insurance Coverage
All the larger insurance coverage companies like State Farm and Allstate quote pricing directly from their websites. Getting online rates is quite simple as you simply enter your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their system automatically retrieves reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on many factors. Quoting online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time required to go to a lot of sites and fill out multiple forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the lowest possible prices on insurance coverage.
A less time-consuming method to lower your insurance coverage bill is to use a quote form that gets price quotes from several different companies. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable and efficient. As soon as the form is sent, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the price quotes you receive.
If a lower price is quoted, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. This process takes less than 15 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
These factors can influence Nissan Quest insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine insurance coverage rates. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Occupations like lawyers, social workers and accountants tend to have higher rates than average in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations such as pilots, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates for Quest insurance.
- Save money with special equipment – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Older drivers save more – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Young drivers are known to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- How’s your driving record? – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers who get serious violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men are in accidents in similar percentages, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Quest insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in high school.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may be able to get better auto insurance rates for Quest insurance.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Nissan can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Resident Student – Children living away from home attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will cut your premiums.
Car insurance companies that may have these benefits are:
Double check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area.
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Does my 2004 Nissan Quest qualify for pleasure use?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Quest resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims like medical services, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses for chiropractic care, dental work, X-ray expenses, surgery and hospital visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hail damage, fire damage, theft, falling objects and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Better coverage you can count on
You just read a lot of tips how to shop for 2004 Nissan Quest insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with an unexpected company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Low-cost insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area