2004 Suzuki XL-7 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 3, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have many options when searching for the lowest priced Suzuki XL-7 insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Suzuki and obtain the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance
There are a variety of methods to compare 2004 Suzuki XL-7 auto insurance prices but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You can spend your afternoon talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most of the best insurance companies participate in a marketplace where insurance shoppers send in one quote, and at least one company can provide price quotes based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests for each company. To get comparison pricing now click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to getting quotes like this is you don’t know exactly the companies to get pricing from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers for rate comparison, we have a listing of companies who write auto insurance in your area. Click to view list.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use apples-to-apples information for every company. If the quotes have different deductibles you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate for your Suzuki XL-7.
Discounts mean cheaper Suzuki XL-7 insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on XL-7 insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on insurance coverage on XL-7 insurance.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% on XL-7 insurance with certain companies.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home can help you save on insurance coverage because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Factors influencing Suzuki XL-7 insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Insurance companies generally give cheaper rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Car insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Men are more aggressive – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Women and men tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Careers like judges, business owners and accountants are shown to have higher rates than average due to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations like pilots, athletes and performers pay the least on XL-7 insurance.
Specific coverages for a Suzuki XL-7
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
UM/UIM Coverage – This provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Suzuki XL-7.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverages – This coverage covers damage to your XL-7 caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverage – Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability insurance covers things such as emergency aid, court costs, bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as chiropractic care, doctor visits and hospital visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Spend less. Save more.
The cheapest 2004 Suzuki XL-7 insurance can be found both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to reduce insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
When you buy insurance online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area