Cheapest 2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper car insurance rates for your Toyota MR2 Spyder? Nobody I know likes paying for car insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof.
Popular companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate constantly blast consumers with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and find the best price available.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Buying car insurance is quite easy. Although drivers must know how the larger insurance companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance
All the larger auto insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm provide price estimates online. Getting online quotes is quite simple as you simply type in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system automatically retrieves your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information. Online price quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit many different websites and fill out multiple forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s very important to do this if you want to find a better rate.
Quote rates the easy way
The easiest way to compare auto insurance pricing requires only one form that obtains quotes from more than one company. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable and efficient. After your information is entered, it is quoted with multiple companies and you can pick any of the pricing results.
If you find a better price you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process only takes a few minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To quickly compare rates now, click here to open in a new tab and enter your information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter the coverage information identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you are getting rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
How much can you save with discounts?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts compared to bad drivers.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off on MR2 Spyder insurance with select insurance companies.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application digitally online.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. But any discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Why your Toyota MR2 Spyder might be costing you more
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that may reward you with better insurance rates.
- How your age affects price – Teen drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving so insurance rates are higher. Adding a youthful driver to your insurance policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Your insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as doctors, social workers and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates in part from stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Other occupations like actors, historians and performers pay the least on MR2 Spyder insurance.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are many additional coverages that can waste your money on your MR2 Spyder policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These may sound like a good investment at first, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Even one ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. If you have dangerous violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can help discover whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is my 2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder covered for flood damage?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Learn about insurance coverages for a 2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things such as loss of income, bail bonds, attorney fees and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills such as pain medications, dental work, chiropractic care and hospital visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Toyota MR2 Spyder.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a deer, vandalism, fire damage, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Shop smart and save
While you’re price shopping online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered many tips how you can get a better price on 2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More information is located at the links below
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area