2005 Acura NSX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Oct 26, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2005 Acura NSX are $1,396 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs approximately $312, collision costs $458, and liability coverage costs $468. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $518 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $3,004 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $5,228 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,396
Rate estimates for 2005 Acura NSX Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2005 Acura NSX models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $518 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a much higher rate of $3,004 for a high risk driver.
These differences demonstrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, rather than using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2005 Acura NSX Insurance
Overpriced Acura NSX insurance can dwindle your checking account and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparison shopping is a smart way to cut your insurance bill.
Many car insurance companies compete for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every company and get the definite cheapest price
It’s a good idea to compare prices occasionally because rates trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best rates for NSX insurance a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to learn how to use online quotes to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Free Auto Insurance Quotes
There are several ways to compare quotes and find the best price. The easiest way by far to compare 2005 Acura NSX insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the best ways to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This method keeps you from doing separate quotation requests for each company. One form will get you rate comparisons direct from many companies.
- A less efficient way to find lower rates requires you to visit the website for every company you want to comare to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s say you want comparison quotes from USAA, Safeco and Allstate. You would have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest method to get comparison rates is to spend time driving to local insurance agencies. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the personal advice only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online and get advice from an agent in your area. We’ll cover that shortly.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you’re using identical coverage information for each comparison quote. If you enter mixed coverages then you won’t be able to make a fair comparison for your Acura NSX. Quoting even small variations in limits may cause a big price difference. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
Acura NSX insurance rates consist of many parts
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining auto insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your rates.
- More people means more accidents – Being located in a small town can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. City drivers tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Even a single speeding ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like judges, executives and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average in part from high stress levels and long work days. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates for NSX insurance.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women have accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Don’t miss these discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- E-sign – A few companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
To see a list of companies with the best car insurance discounts, click this link.
When might I need help?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions could help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2005 Acura NSX?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your NSX from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as fire damage, vandalism, damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses such as hospital visits, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses, doctor visits and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as emergency aid, legal defense fees, bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
You just learned many ways to compare 2005 Acura NSX insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even find the lowest rates come from a small mutual company. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Discount insurance is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,208|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,388|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$97|
|5-yr Claim Free||$90|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$60|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.