2006 Dodge Sprinter Cargo Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 28, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of anyone who likes paying for auto insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high. With so many options when it comes to auto insurance, it can be impossible to choose the right insurance company.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices once or twice a year because prices change frequently. If you had the best rates on Sprinter Cargo insurance two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance online but I’m going to show you some good information on how to save money.
Factors that might impact rates for a Dodge Sprinter Cargo
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into rates.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Some insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Your location is important – Living in a rural area is a positive aspect when buying auto insurance. City drivers regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft.
- Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women have accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
Compare Quotes for Car Insurance
There are multiple methods to shop for 2006 Dodge Sprinter Cargo car insurance, but one way is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can spend countless hours talking about coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you can utilize online quoting for quick rates.
Many companies take part in a program that enables customers to submit their information once, and each company returns a competitive quote based on that information. This eliminates the need for form submissions to each company. To submit your quote information now, click here to open in new window.
The one downside to using this type of form is you are unable to specify the providers to receive prices from. If you wish to select specific providers for rate comparison, we have a listing of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use the exact same coverages for every company. If you enter differing limits it’s not possible to truly determine the lowest rate.
Don’t miss these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when buying insurance coverage on Sprinter Cargo insurance.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- One Accident Forgiven – Certain companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more on Sprinter Cargo insurance than drivers with accidents.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will help reduce your premiums.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not apply in every state.
When might I need help?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hail damage, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Sprinter Cargo.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like prosthetic devices, chiropractic care and dental work. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Sprinter Cargo resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for liability
This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Cost effective 2006 Dodge Sprinter Cargo insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just learned many ways to shop for insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from the least-expected company. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Additional car insurance information is available below:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area