2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 5, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of car insurance companies? Many other consumers are too. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a challenge to find lower rates.
This article will let you in on the most effective way to quote insurance. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to save some money using these methods. Although drivers do need to know the methods companies use to market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Cheap Insurance Comparisons
There are a variety of methods to compare 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class insurance prices but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could spend your day talking to agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to maximize your effort.
Many popular insurance companies enroll in a system that enables customers to send in one quote, and at least one company then returns a price quote determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions to each individual insurance company.
To find out what other companies charge for 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class insurance click here to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to using this type of form is you can’t choose the insurers you want to price. If you prefer to choose individual companies to compare prices, we put together a list of insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever way you use, make darn sure you compare identical coverage limits with every price quote. If you use different liability limits you can’t possibly determine which rate is truly the best. Just a small difference in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. Keep in mind that more quotes will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
Don’t miss these ten discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Resident Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
Insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in your area.
When might I need help?
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Does my 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class need full coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like rehabilitation expenses, surgery and doctor visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like fire damage, theft and vandalism. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This covers damage to your SLK-Class resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area