2008 Audi S8 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2008 Audi S8 are $1,610 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs approximately $378 each year, collision costs $600, and liability costs around $474. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $522 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $3,476 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $5,906 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,610
Rate estimates for 2008 Audi S8 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2008 Audi S8 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $522 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a high rate of $3,476 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences highlight why all drivers should compare prices using their specific location and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2008 Audi S8 Insurance
Trying to find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Audi S8? Sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to insure your Audi every month? You are no different than most other car owners. You have multiple insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to find the lowest cost provider.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices yearly due to the fact that insurance rates change quite often. If you had the best rates on S8 insurance last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting right now, forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you how to use online quotes to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
The purpose of this post is to tell you how car insurance quotes work and some money-saving tips. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. Drivers only need to know the tricks to compare prices on the web.
More discounts equal less premium
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few must be asked for in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% on S8 insurance depending on your company.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying insurance coverage on S8 insurance.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may qualify for reduced rates on S8 insurance.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Distant Student – Children living away from home attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
Companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available everywhere.
The quickest method to compare car insurance rates is to know the fact most of the larger companies participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is give them some information such as if it has an alarm system, whether or not you need a SR-22, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, and driver ages. Those rating factors is instantly submitted to multiple companies and they return rate quotes immediately.
Elements that influence Audi S8 insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
The list below includes some of the factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be on S8 insurance.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Many companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Audi scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Being married can save on insurance – Getting married actually saves money when buying insurance. Marriage usually means you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Special features that cut premiums – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping car theft.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles in a year the more you will pay for insurance. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your S8 may be costing you. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage.
- Mature drivers pay less – Teenage drivers tend to be less responsible when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as lawyers, executives and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates in part from high stress levels and long work days. Other occupations like scientists, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates on S8 insurance.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Who is covered when they drive my 2008 Audi S8?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance coverage specifics
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your S8 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as fire damage, rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, falling objects and damage from flooding. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Audi S8.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Usually the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like ambulance fees, pain medications, chiropractic care, doctor visits and nursing services. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as bail bonds, medical expenses, court costs and medical services. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
Discount 2008 Audi S8 insurance can be found on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,544|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,754|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$118|
|5-yr Claim Free||$105|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$74|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.