2008 Cadillac XLR-V Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 10, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Saving money on car insurance can be a challenge for people who are new to buying insurance online. People have so many options available that it can be a real challenge to compare prices.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage quite often because rates change frequently. Just because you found the lowest rates on XLR-V insurance a year ago a different company probably has better rates today. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to learn the proper way to save on car insurance.
How to Compare Insurance Costs
There are several ways to compare Cadillac XLR-V insurance quotes, but there is one way that is easier and takes less work. You could waste time talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most of the best insurance companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers only type in their quote data once, and each company provides a quote based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for quote forms to each individual insurance company.
To find out what other companies charge for 2008 Cadillac XLR-V insurance click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to comparing rates this way is you don’t know exactly the insurers to receive prices from. So if you want to choose individual companies to receive pricing from, we have a page of low cost insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just be sure to compare the exact same information on every quote you get. If you enter higher or lower deductibles it will be impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Quoting even small variations in limits may result in a large different in cost. Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Companies don’t always list every discount very clearly, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on XLR-V insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums on XLR-V insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurance companies offering insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2008 Cadillac XLR-V?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Cadillac XLR-V rates influenced by many factors
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
The following are a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have flagrant citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Cadillac XLR-V earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance rates.
- Your spouse saves you money – Being married can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Save $406 a year? Really?
Car insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all seem to have a common claim that you can save after switching to their company. How can each company make the same claim?
Different companies can use profiling for the driver that is profitable for them. For example, a desirable insured might be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who do not match these standards will be quoted more money which usually ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That’s the way companies can make those claims. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Cadillac XLR-V insurance rates.
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills for things like surgery, dental work and X-ray expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like fire damage, rock chips in glass, hitting a deer and hitting a bird. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Cadillac XLR-V.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as loss of income, attorney fees and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Cost effective 2008 Cadillac XLR-V insurance can be purchased on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional insurance information is available at these links:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area