2008 HUMMER H2 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower auto insurance rates for your HUMMER H2? Feel like you’re a prisoner to overpriced auto insurance? Trust us, you’re not alone.
You have so many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Cheap Insurance Comparisons
To find the best insurance prices, there are several ways to get quotes from local insurance companies. The quickest method to compare 2008 HUMMER H2 insurance prices consists of shopping online. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
The recommended way consumers can analyze rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This form keeps you from doing boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. A single, simple form will return price quotes from insurance companies with the best prices.
A more difficult way to get comparison quotes is to take the time to go to each company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, let’s say you want to compare GEICO, Esurance and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
The least recommended method of comparing rate quotes is to spend your day driving to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. You can, however, comparison shop online but still have the advice of a local agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
However you get your quotes, ensure you’re using identical coverages for every quote you compare. If you have differing limits then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Slightly different limits may result in large price differences. Just remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting the best price.
These discounts can lower your rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be manually applied before being credited.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying auto insurance for H2 coverage.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
For a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Different people need different coverages
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2008 HUMMER H2?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
HUMMER H2 insurance rates have many determining factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
- Older drivers pay less – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more miles you rack up on your HUMMER in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your auto insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven. Incorrect usage on your H2 can result in significantly higher rates.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as lawyers, business owners and accountants are shown to have higher rates than average attributed to stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations like scientists, athletes and homemakers pay the least for H2 coverage.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Even one moving violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. If you have dangerous violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies provide cheaper rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your 2008 H2 policy. Things like personal injury protection, accidental death and term life insurance are some examples. These coverages may sound good at first, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
Auto insurance coverage specifics
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the usual coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed, fire damage, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability – Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to people or other property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs, attorney fees and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like prosthetic devices, hospital visits and pain medications. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision – This covers damage to your H2 resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2008 HUMMER H2.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
More choices the merrier
Low-cost 2008 HUMMER H2 insurance is definitely available online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with the smaller companies. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
More tips and info about insurance coverage can be read in these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area