2009 HUMMER H2 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of anyone who likes paying for insurance coverage, especially when the cost is too high. Numerous insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a company to discover the definitive lowest rate
HUMMER H2 insurance rates can be determined by these details
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that will entitle you to better insurance coverage rates.
- A clean driving record saves money – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Just one citation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have serious citations like DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a spouse helps lower the price on insurance coverage. Marriage means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Never go without insurance – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to bump up your insurance coverage costs. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a bad credit score is a important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit is low, you could pay less to insure your 2009 HUMMER H2 by repairing your credit.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars get lower rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If the HUMMER H2 earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Where you reside plays a part – Residing in less populated areas has it’s advantages when talking about insurance coverage. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage
Finding cheaper 2009 HUMMER H2 insurance coverage prices is surprisingly easy. All that’s required is to spend a little time to get quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the simplest ways to get quotes for comparison is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This easy form eliminates the need for separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Completing one form will get you rate comparisons from multiple low-cost companies.
- A different way to get comparison quotes is to take the time to go to the website of each company to request a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Farmers, GEICO and American Family. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use the exact same quote information for every quote you compare. If you are comparing mixed coverages it’s impossible to make a fair comparison for your HUMMER H2.
More discounts equal less premium
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you quote, but some must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates on H2 insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies allow you one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% on H2 insurance with a few insurance coverage companies.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will reduce your premiums.
Car insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Savings might not apply in every state.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2009 HUMMER H2?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is my 2009 HUMMER H2 covered for smoke damage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2009 HUMMER H2?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your H2 caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses like hospital visits, chiropractic care and ambulance fees. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and theft. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like funeral expenses, attorney fees, structural damage, loss of income and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Feed the piggy bank
We covered many ideas to compare 2009 HUMMER H2 insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Discount insurance can be bought online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area