2009 Volkswagen GLI Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 4, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of a single person who looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially knowing their premiums are too high. Because there are so many insurance providers from which to choose, it’s difficult to locate the right insurer.
It’s important to check auto insurance prices periodically since rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the lowest price on GLI insurance two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. So forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the best ways to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
How to Lower Your Car Insurance Cost
Performing a rate comparison can take hours if you don’t utilize the most efficient way. You could spend your day talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to get rates in a matter of minutes.
The majority of car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers send in one quote, and at least one company then gives them pricing based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests to each company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to using this type of system is that you can’t choose which insurance companies you will receive quotes from. If you would rather choose specific providers to receive pricing from, we have a page of car insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but double check that you are using exactly the same coverage information with every price quote. If you have differing limits it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
Pay less for Volkswagen GLI insurance
Companies don’t necessarily list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance on GLI insurance.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application over the internet.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more on GLI insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
Companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Is my 2009 Volkswagen GLI covered for flood damage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2009 Volkswagen GLI to commute?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2009 Volkswagen GLI?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Volkswagen GLI.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses like funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses and surgery. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision insurance covers damage to your GLI from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability insurance covers things such as emergency aid, court costs and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area