2010 Acura ZDX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 18, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2010 Acura ZDX are $1,284 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $262, collision insurance costs $390, and liability costs $474. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $522 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,764. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,906 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,284
Rate estimates for 2010 Acura ZDX Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2010 Acura ZDX models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range range from as low as $522 for just liability coverage to the much higher price of $2,764 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why everyone should compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2010 Acura ZDX Insurance
Want cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Acura ZDX? Nobody looks forward to paying for insurance coverage, particularly when they are paying too much.
Because there are so many options when it comes to insurance coverage, it is hard for the average consumer to choose the best insurance company.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will help reduce your premiums.
For a list of insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts, click here to view.
Compare Car Insurance Costs
All the larger car insurance companies quote pricing on their websites. Getting quotes is quite easy as you simply enter the coverages you want as detailed in the form. When complete, their system orders your driving and credit reports and returns a price. This helps simplify price comparisons, but the time required to go to a lot of sites and type in the same information is not the best way to spend an afternoon. Unfortunately, it is important to do this in order to get the best price possible.
The easiest way to lower your rates utilizes a single form that obtains quotes from several different companies. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online price comparison a lot less work. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated and you are able to buy any or none of the returned quotes.
If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process takes just a few minutes to complete and may result in a nice savings.
To use this form to compare rates, simply click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
Why your Acura ZDX insurance rates may be high
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the factors that factor into your rates.
- An active claims history can cost you – Car insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Driving with no insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Acura ZDX is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Careers like doctors, social workers and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates because of stressful work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, engineers and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for ZDX insurance.
- How’s your driving record? – Good drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Just one ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. If you have flagrant violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- If my 2010 Acura ZDX is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive car insurance – This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your ZDX from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as rolling your car, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like EMT expenses, pain medications and dental work. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability – This provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
A penny earned…
Cheap 2010 Acura ZDX insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
More detailed insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,028|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,193|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$87|
|5-yr Claim Free||$82|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$53|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.