2010 Audi Q5 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2010 Audi Q5 are $1,250 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $228 a year, collision insurance costs $390, and liability costs $474. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $522 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,708. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,854 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,250
Rate estimates for 2010 Audi Q5 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2010 Audi Q5 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $522 for just liability coverage to a high of $2,708 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences highlight why it is important for drivers to compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2010 Audi Q5 Insurance
Shopping for car insurance is not a task drivers enjoy, but regardless it’s required when you drive.
It’s smart to compare rates at least once a year because rates trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Q5 coverage a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to find better coverage at a better price.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance rates is to understand most of the larger companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details such as your occupation, how much education you have, if a SR-22 is needed, and whether you have decent credit. Your insurance information is then sent to insurance companies and you receive quotes immediately.
To start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available.
These discounts can slash car insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked about before being credited.
- College Student – Children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts, follow this link.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- If my 2010 Audi Q5 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Audi Q5 rates influenced by many factors
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine your auto insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- More claims means more premium – Companies award cheaper rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Drive less and save money – The more you drive each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your Q5 can cost quite a bit. Make sure your auto insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Men pay higher rates – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Your credit rating is important – Having a bad credit score is a huge factor in your rate calculation. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2010 Audi Q5 by improving your credit score.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Just one moving violation can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have serious citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most companies give discounts to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
Is there truth in advertising?
Car insurance providers like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all make an identical promise that you can save after switching your policy. How does each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a desirable insured might be profiled as over the age of 50, owns a home, and has great credit. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who fall outside the “perfect” profile will be charged a higher premium and this can result in business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s the way companies can make the claims of big savings.
That is why drivers should compare many company’s rates. It is impossible to predict which car insurance company will have the lowest Audi Q5 insurance rates.
Car insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as pain and suffering, loss of income, funeral expenses and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive car insurance
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like theft, rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Audi Q5.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for hospital visits, funeral costs and nursing services. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Q5 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Get your money’s worth
Budget-conscious 2010 Audi Q5 insurance can be bought online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,974|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,136|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$86|
|5-yr Claim Free||$81|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$52|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.