2010 BMW Z4 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Oct 10, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2010 BMW Z4 are $1,156 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $244, collision costs $374, and liability costs around $402. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $446 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,490. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,364 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,156
Rate estimates for 2010 BMW Z4 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2010 BMW Z4 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $446 for basic liability insurance to the much higher price of $2,490 for a high risk driver.
These differences show why everyone should compare prices using their specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2010 BMW Z4 Insurance
Tired of paying out the nose to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are no different than many other consumers.
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around yearly since insurance rates tend to go up over time. If you had the lowest price on Z4 coverage a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to find better coverage at a better price.
Comparison of Car Insurance
There are several ways to get quotes from local car insurance companies. One of the best ways to find competitive 2010 BMW Z4 insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to find the lowest comparison rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests for each company. Completing one form gets rate comparisons from all major companies.
- A less efficient way to compare prices requires a trip to the website of each company and request a quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Progressive, GEICO and Travelers. You would have to visit each site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverages and limits on every quote. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate. Slightly different limits can result in a big premium difference. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding a better price.
Best discounts on BMW Z4 coverage
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Z4 coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying insurance coverage on Z4 coverage.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
To see a list of companies with the best insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Elements that influence BMW Z4 insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get better insurance rates.
- More claims means more premium – If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher rates. Car insurance companies give discounts to drivers who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Older drivers save more – Older insureds are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Where you live can impact rates – Being located in a rural area has it’s advantages when it comes to insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your BMW from damage. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more money you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Z4 coverage.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your BMW Z4.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses for things like dental work, ambulance fees, chiropractic care and doctor visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a broken windshield, hitting a deer, hail damage, theft and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as pain and suffering, bail bonds and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your Z4 resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Buy Smart and Save
We just presented many ways to lower your 2010 BMW Z4 insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Low-cost insurance can be bought both online and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Additional information can be read below:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,824|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,977|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$80|
|5-yr Claim Free||$74|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$49|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.