2010 Lexus GS 450h Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 27, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2010 Lexus GS 450h are $1,342 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs around $270 each year, collision costs $440, and liability costs around $474. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $522 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $2,904 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $5,118 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,342
Rate estimates for 2010 Lexus GS 450h Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2010 Lexus GS 450h models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $522 for a discount liability-only rate to a high rate of $2,904 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences illustrate why all drivers should compare prices for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2010 Lexus GS 450h Insurance
Paying for high-priced Lexus GS 450h insurance can overdraw your personal savings, especially in this economy. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to lower your monthly bill.
Big companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly bombard you with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to ignore the propoganda and find the best price available.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to save some money using these techniques. Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. But car owners do need to learn the way companies compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Discounts are basically free money
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a small decrease in premiums on GS 450h insurance.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% on GS 450h insurance depending on your company.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less on GS 450h insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts are:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered in your state.
Fast and Easy Insurance Coverage Quotes
There are multiple methods you can shop for 2010 Lexus GS 450h insurance coverage and some are more efficient than others. You could waste time talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Most car insurance companies belong to a marketplace that enables customers to send in one quote, and each company can provide price quotes. This eliminates the need for quote forms for each company.
To compare pricing click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to using this type of system is buyers cannot specifically choose the companies you want to price. So if you want to choose specific providers to compare prices, we put together a list of low cost insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Which method you use is up to you, but compare identical information on every quote. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Lexus GS 450h. Just a small difference in coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. Just keep in mind that comparing more company’s prices will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
These factors can influence Lexus GS 450h insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into premiums.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If the Lexus GS 450h earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – A driver’s credit rating is a huge factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2010 Lexus GS 450h by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Car insurance companies provide better rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect usage on your GS 450h may be wasting your money.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance coverage pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a building, damage from fire, or theft. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance on GS 450h insurance.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Auto liability – This will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like court costs, structural damage and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Lexus GS 450h.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a broken windshield, falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for dental work, pain medications and nursing services. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Buy Smart and Save
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can reduce 2010 Lexus GS 450h insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the best prices are with a small local company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Cost effective insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,121|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,295|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$94|
|5-yr Claim Free||$87|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$58|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.