2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 26, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you intimidated by the wide range of auto insurance company choices? You’re not alone. You have so many companies to choose from that it can be a ton of work to find lower rates.
You should take the time to compare rates occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the lowest price for Lancer Sportback coverage a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is too much inaccurate information about auto insurance online, so we’re going to give you some solid techniques on how to quit paying high auto insurance rates.
Finding Auto Insurance Deals
There are multiple methods you can shop for 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback auto insurance but one way is less time-consuming than others. You could waste time driving to insurance companies in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many popular insurance companies belong to an insurance system where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and at least one company then gives them pricing based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests to each individual auto insurance company.
To submit your quote information now, click here to start a free quote.
One minor caviat to comparing rates this way is you don’t know exactly the companies to get pricing from. If you would rather choose individual companies to compare rates, we have a page of auto insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use apples-to-apples information with each company. If the quotes have different liability limits you can’t possibly make an equal comparison. Quoting even small variations in coverages may cause a big price difference. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads on television and other media. All the ads have a common claim that you’ll save big if you move your coverage to them. How can each company make the same claim?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk might be profiled as over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Drivers who do not match this ideal profile must pay higher premiums which leads to business not being written. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
This illustrates why you absolutely need to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s impossible to know which car insurance company will have the lowest Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback insurance rates.
Factors influencing Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the items used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like doctors, executives and accountants have higher rates than average in part from job stress and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations like scientists, athletes and performers get better rates for Lancer Sportback coverage.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If the Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles you can purchase on your Lancer Sportback policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Some insurance coverage companies provide better rates to people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Lower rates come with age – Teen drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance coverage rates. Mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Having a spouse can actually save you money on insurance coverage. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- What are your deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Mitsubishi from damage. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your insurance coverage will be for Lancer Sportback coverage.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in less populated areas is a positive aspect when talking about insurance coverage. Urban drivers regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Lower population means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Cut prices on Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Lancer Sportback coverage than drivers with accidents.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- Good Student – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will help reduce your premiums.
For a list of companies with discount car insurance rates, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hail damage, theft and hitting a bird. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Lancer Sportback resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car, driving through your garage door and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for liability
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, bail bonds, loss of income and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills such as X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses and prosthetic devices. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Online plus local equals savings
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price.
We covered some good ideas how you can save on 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback insurance. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on insurance is with an unexpected company.
Low-cost insurance can be sourced on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Additional insurance information can be read at these links:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area