2010 Volkswagen GTI Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 13, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2010 Volkswagen GTI are $1,148 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs around $186 a year, collision costs $330, and liability costs $474. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $522 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,498. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,562 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,148
Rate estimates for 2010 Volkswagen GTI Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2010 Volkswagen GTI models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $522 for a discount liability-only rate to a high of $2,498 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences highlight why it is important for drivers to compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2010 Volkswagen GTI Insurance
Trying to find better insurance rates for your Volkswagen GTI? Expensive insurance can drain your personal savings, especially in this economy. Shopping your coverage around is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to help make ends meet. Popular companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO all claim big savings, bombarding you with advertising and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You should take the time to check insurance prices yearly due to the fact that insurance rates change frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest price for GTI insurance a year ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to find great coverage at a great price.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Companies do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may trigger a insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates, click here to view.
These factors can influence Volkswagen GTI insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance coverage rates. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces insurance coverage companies consider when setting premiums.
- No coverage gaps is important – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. They both tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance coverage? Occupations such as doctors, architects and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates due to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, students and homemakers receive lower rates for GTI insurance.
- One company can mean more discounts – Many insurance coverage companies give discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to ensure the best deal. You may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a spouse actually saves money when buying insurance coverage. It usually means you are more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single moving violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance coverages for a 2010 Volkswagen GTI
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as theft, hitting a bird, a broken windshield and falling objects. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses for prosthetic devices, chiropractic care, dental work, hospital visits and funeral costs. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Volkswagen GTI.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for liability
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, structural damage and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
More effort can pay off
In this article, we covered many ideas to reduce 2010 Volkswagen GTI insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with the smaller companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
The cheapest insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about car insurance can be read below:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,815|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,965|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$77|
|5-yr Claim Free||$74|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$46|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.