2011 Honda Insight Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2011 Honda Insight are $1,130 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $180 a year, collision costs $328, and liability costs $464. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $514 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,456. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $4,496 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,130
Rate estimates for 2011 Honda Insight Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2011 Honda Insight models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $514 for just liability coverage to a high of $2,456 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences show why it is important for drivers to compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2011 Honda Insight Insurance
Shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost Honda Insight insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to compare prices or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to buy insurance coverage and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Honda and locate the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Get lower rates on 2011 Honda Insight insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all available discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known insurance coverage savings. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your policy for Insight insurance.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of companies offering insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Why your Honda Insight insurance rates may be high
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the items insurance coverage companies consider when setting prices.
- Better credit means lower rates – Having a bad credit score is a important factor in determining your rates. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your 2011 Honda Insight by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit.
- Too many insurance coverage claims drive up costs – If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance companies give lower rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few additional coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverages for personal injury protection, better glass coverage and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance coverage rates. Parents adding a young driver onto a policy can really hurt. Older drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Is my 2011 Honda Insight covered for flood damage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance myths debunked
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all make an identical promise about savings if you switch to them.
How does each company make the same claim?
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that makes them money. For example, a driver they prefer might be profiled as a mature driver, is a homeowner, and has a short commute. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don’t meet this ideal profile will be quoted higher prices and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why it is so important to compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Honda Insight insurance.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Insight caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, medical expenses and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like falling objects, a broken windshield, theft and damage from flooding. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses and pain medications. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2011 Honda Insight.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Quote often and quote early
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
The cheapest 2011 Honda Insight insurance can be sourced both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented many tips how you can lower your insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
Additional insurance information is located at these links:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,785|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,935|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$76|
|5-yr Claim Free||$72|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$46|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.