2011 Lexus RX 450h Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2011 Lexus RX 450h are $1,372 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs around $250, collision insurance costs $418, and liability costs $524. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $580 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,972. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,338 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,372
Rate estimates for 2011 Lexus RX 450h Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2011 Lexus RX 450h models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $580 for a discount liability-only rate to a much higher rate of $2,972 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences highlight why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2011 Lexus RX 450h Insurance
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Lexus RX 450h? Price shopping your car insurance is always nearly impossible for beginners to buying insurance online. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a lot of work to compare prices.
This article will tell you the best way to quote coverages. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. But drivers must comprehend the methods companies use to compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
The best way to compare rates is to know the fact most insurance companies have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including daily mileage, your education level, how much coverage you want, and whether you are single or married. Your insurance information is then submitted to insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
Discounts mean cheaper Lexus RX 450h insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% for RX 450h insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when shopping for insurance for RX 450h insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that may have these benefits are:
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply in every state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is my 2011 Lexus RX 450h covered for smoke damage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Lexus RX 450h insurance rates can be determined by these details
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. Understanding what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine rates.
- With age comes lower rates – Mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Young drivers are known to be more careless in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Just one ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have severe citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Clean credit earns discounts – A driver’s credit history is a huge factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit score is not that good, you could save money insuring your 2011 Lexus RX 450h by repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- More people means more accidents – Being located in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when it comes to insurance. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Males pay more for insurance – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes have accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Insurance companies generally give lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability insurance is the protection if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Do drivers who switch really save?
State Farm, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads in print and on television. All the companies have a common claim that you can save if you change your policy. How can each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies can use profiling for the right customer they prefer to insure. An example of a preferred risk might be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will have to pay more money which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the savings.
Because of the profiling, you should quote coverage with many companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your RX 450h caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like EMT expenses, doctor visits, hospital visits, surgery and nursing services. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability auto insurance
This can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like structural damage, court costs and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Buy Smart and Save
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices or delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
Cheap 2011 Lexus RX 450h insurance can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
More tips and info about insurance can be read at these sites:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,169|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,346|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$93|
|5-yr Claim Free||$88|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$57|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.