2011 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 5, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower auto insurance rates for your Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class? Confused by the wide range of auto insurance options? Many other drivers are as well. Consumers have so many choices that it can turn into more work than you anticipated to locate the lowest price.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices periodically because prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best deal on SLK-Class coverage six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance on the web, but with this article, you’re going to get a lot of great tips on how to buy auto insurance cheaper.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates is to know most of the bigger providers participate in a system to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like if the vehicle is leased, your education level, what your job is, and if you’re married. That rating information is sent automatically to insurance companies and they respond with quotes instantly.
To get price quotes for your , click here and enter the information requested.
Save with discounts on 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class insurance
Companies don’t always list all their discounts very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums on SLK-Class coverage.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off on SLK-Class coverage depending on your company.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in every state.
Why your Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class insurance rates may be high
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- More miles equals more premium – Driving more miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect usage on your SLK-Class can cost quite a bit.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Even one ticket can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers with flagrant tickets like DUI or reckless driving are required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- One company can mean more discounts – The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Companies provide cheaper rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, or theft. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance on SLK-Class coverage.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – A driver’s credit score is a important factor in determining your rates. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class by repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Sex matters – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both sexes cause accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Is my Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class covered if I use it for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on TV and radio. All the ads say the same thing that you can save if you change to them. How do they all say the same thing?
All the different companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a desirable insured might be profiled as a mature driver, has no tickets, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who fall outside the requirements will be charged a more expensive rate which leads to the customer not buying. The ads say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That’s the way companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. That is why you absolutely need to get quotes from several different companies. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class insurance rates.
Insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays for damage to your SLK-Class caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a bird, theft, damage from flooding and hail damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees, medical expenses and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses such as funeral costs, pain medications, hospital visits, prosthetic devices and dental work. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
A penny earned…
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation and even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area