2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 24, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Scraping up a payment for overpriced Acura TSX Sport Wagon insurance can dwindle your checking account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Lots of insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company and get the definite cheapest price
You need to compare prices quite often because rates change quite often. Even if you got the best price for TSX Sport Wagon coverage two years ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the best methods to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Finding the best rates is quite easy. But car owners do need to understand the way insurance companies sell insurance online.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Companies do not list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Drivers Education – Have your child complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Acura could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
Insurance coverage myths debunked
Insurance coverage companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all seem to say the same thing about savings if you switch to their company. How do they all say the same thing?
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a driver they prefer might be between 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has great credit. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will be charged higher rates which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That is how insurance companies can state the savings. That is why you need to get quotes from several different companies. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Acura TSX Sport Wagon insurance rates.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you will benefit from professional help.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your TSX Sport Wagon resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for doctor visits, pain medications and EMT expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage, funeral expenses, bail bonds and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
Lower-priced 2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just learned some good ideas how to reduce insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Other learning opportunities
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area