2012 Acura ZDX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 18, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2012 Acura ZDX are $1,342 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs on average $278 a year, collision insurance costs $446, and liability insurance costs around $460. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $510 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,896 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,088 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,342
Rate estimates for 2012 Acura ZDX Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2012 Acura ZDX models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $510 for only liability insurance to a high of $2,896 for a high risk driver.
These differences highlight why it is important for drivers to compare prices based on a specific location and risk profile, rather than relying on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2012 Acura ZDX Insurance
Comparing car insurance rates is not really something people look forward to, but it’s a required process to legally drive.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the best rates on ZDX insurance a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting right now, forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the best ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
Impacting insurance rates for an Acura ZDX
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get better car insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Too many car insurance claims drive up costs – Auto insurance companies provide discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Your age impacts your rates – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Discounts for married couples – Being married can get you a discount on car insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your ZDX policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, accidental death and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good at first, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Even a single citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
These discounts can lower your rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before being credited.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off on ZDX insurance with certain companies.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance on ZDX insurance.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on ZDX insurance than less cautious drivers.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- College Student – Kids in college who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Companies that possibly offer these discounts are:
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Different people need different coverages
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Auto insurance policy specifics
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Acura ZDX.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as structural damage, loss of income, emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your ZDX from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for dental work, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits and surgery. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, vandalism and hitting a bird. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
And the best car insurance company is…
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone dropped full coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like high prices, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium and being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to save on 2012 Acura ZDX insurance. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Other learning opportunities
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,121|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,295|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$94|
|5-yr Claim Free||$86|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$58|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.